Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse
Summary of Major Duties: Responsible for utilizing the nursing process to provide direct patient care to an assigned group of patients during a shift. An LPN is also responsible for prioritizing the delivery of direct nursing care using time and resources efficiently.
Supervised by and Responsible to: The nurse manager or designee of the unit assigned at the Advanced Healthcare Staffing Solutions, LLC client hospital or facility and the Advanced Healthcare Staffing Solutions, LLC branch manager or designee.
Behavior-Based Competencies Organizational Behaviors:
- Change & Grow
- Respect & Respond
- Energy & Initiative
- Adaptable & Flexible
- Superior Skills
- Educating clients and families & transferring knowledge
- Diagnosing & resolving problems
- Anticipating & addressing client needs
- Functioning as an effective team member
- Acquiring & applying superior skills to achieve quality outcomes
- Responding to a changing circumstance
- A graduate from an accredited nursing school and at least one year of continuous work experience in a healthcare setting within the last three years.
- A current license as a Practical/Vocational Nurse for the state in which the nurse practices and is free from disciplinary action.
- Successful completion of the Advanced Healthcare Staffing Solutions, LLC test for the specialty area(s) in which the nurse practices with a score of 76% or greater.
- Proof of fulfillment o the health screening criteria required by Advanced Healthcare Staffing Solutions, LLC and/or client facilities indicating the nurse is in good health, able to work without physical limitations, and is free from communicable disease.
- A current BCLS/CPR card within the expiration date validity.
- A current ACLS/PALS/NALS/ provider card, as required for critical care areas, within the expiration date validity that will remain valid while working for Advanced Healthcare Staffing Solutions, LLC.
- Completion, upon hire and annually thereafter of the Advanced Healthcare Staffing
- Meets the minimum clinical skill checklist for those areas of clinical expertise.
- Full command, verbal and written, of the English language.
- Provides direct patient care by assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting individual patient needs, actions taken, and patient responses.
- Coordinates patient care through collaboration with patient/family and healthcare team.
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician, clinical path, or standard protocols.
- Delegates or assigns aspects of patient care to healthcare team members commensurate with their validated competency to perform the task.
- Assist MDs with various procedures, treatments, and surgical techniques and delegate/assigns to other healthcare team members as appropriate.
- Assists in the orientation of new staff and serves as a resource person and professional role model.
- Professionally responsible for current nursing standards and supporting the Advanced Healthcare Staffing Solutions, LLC client facility philosophy and programs to maintain quality.
- Responsible for the clinical supervision of LP/VNs and non-licensed assistive personnel.
- Willingly “floats” to other areas of the facility in which the nurse can provide safe patient care at the facility manager’s request.
- Perform other functions as required.
I have read the description of my professional responsibilities as an employee of Advanced Healthcare Staffing Solutions, LLC, and agree to adhere to the standards described above.