Summary of Major Duties: Responsible for utilizing the nursing process to provide direct patient care to an assigned group of patients during a shift. An RN is also responsible for prioritizing the delivery of direct nursing care using time and resources efficiently.
Supervised by and Responsible to: The nurse manager or designee of the unit assigned at the Advanced Healthcare Staffing Solutions, LLC client hospital or facility and the Advanced Healthcare Staffing Solutions, LLC branch manager or designee.
Behavior-Based Competencies Organizational Behaviors:
- Change & Grow
- Respect & Respond
- Energy & Initiative
- Adaptable & Flexible
- Superior Skills
- Educating clients and families & transferring knowledge
- Diagnosing & resolving problems
- Anticipating & addressing client needs
- Functioning as an effective team member
- Acquiring & applying superior skills to achieve quality outcomes
- Responding to a changing circumstance
- Providing comfort to another in emotional/physical pain
- Responding to a crisis
- Providing a continuum of care approach
- A graduate from an accredited nursing school and at least one year of continuous work and experience in a healthcare setting within the last three years.
- A current license as a Registered Nurse for the state in which the nurse practices and is free from disciplinary action.
- Successful completion of the Advanced Health Care Staffing Solutions, LLC test for the specialty area(s) in which the nurse practices with a score of 76% or greater.
- Proof of fulfillment of the health screening criteria required by Advanced Healthcare Staffing Solutions, LLC and/or client facilities indicating the nurse is in good health and able to work
- A current BCLS/CPR card with an expiration date that is still valid.
- A current ACLS/PALS/NALS provider card, as required for critical care areas, with an expiration date will remain valid while working for Advanced Healthcare Staffing Solutions, LLC.
- Completion, upon hire and annually thereafter, of Advanced Healthcare Staffing Solutions, LLC. Employee development and self-study in-service programs.
- Meets the minimum clinical criteria level 3 proficiency on the Advance Healthcare Staffing Solutions, LLC clinical skills checklist for those areas of clinical expertise.
- Full command, verbal and written, of the English language.
Requires detailed knowledge of nursing practice and care delivery in terms of what and how work is to be done as well as why it is to be done. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and incorporate them into the patient’s plan of care.
- The ability to make decisions is varied but is usually confined to situations that are familiar. There are several defined alternative solutions available.
- The ability to exercise choice in how work is accomplished with independence to operate within established policies, procedures, and schedules.
- The ability to be on your feet and walk for at least 8 hours a day. Assumes and maintains various postural positions, including but not limited to – kneeling, reaching, stooping, bending, crouching, and lifting. Repositions and transfers patients, able to push/pull patients in a wheelchair
- Provides direct patient care by assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting individual patient needs, actions taken, and patient responses.
- Coordinates the patient’s care through collaboration with the patient/family and healthcare team.
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician, clinical path, or standard protocols.
- Delegates or assigns aspects of patient care to healthcare team members commensurate with their validated competency to perform the task.
- Assists MDs with various procedures, treatments, and surgical techniques and delegates/assigns to other healthcare team members as appropriate.
- Assists in the orientation of new staff and services as a resource person and professional role model.
- Professionally responsible for current nursing standards and supporting the Advanced Healthcare Staffing Solutions, LLC client facility philosophy and programs to maintain quality.
- Responsible for the clinical supervision of LP/VNs and non-licensed assistive personnel.
- Willingly “floats” to other areas of the facility in which the nurse can provide safe patient care at the facility manager’s request.
- Perform other functions as required.
I have read the description of my professional responsibilities as an employee of Advanced Healthcare Staffing Solutions, LLC, and agree to adhere to the standards described above.